It seems to be each and every year we hear that blogging is dead or on the way out. Well, I can tell you that blogging is just getting bigger and bigger. Each day new fantastic blogs pop up, in all different niches. YouTube is also a fantastic platform for vloggers to tell their story to the world.
I think that you shouldn’t choose which one is for you based on what you think is the future. I think you should choose a blog or YouTube based on which one is most suitable for you.
Blogging and vlogging are super effective ways for brans and individuals to drive a lot of visitors to their website. So to help you decide which is the best way for you to communicate with the world and to be successful we have drawn up the pros and cons of both.
- An online log where you can share experiences, thoughts, info and advice.
- Fantastic platform to reach potential clients/customers.
- Easy to set up.
- You don’t need to be a computer whizz to create your blog online.
- If you use certain platforms it is possible for you can build your site without having to spend any money.
- You only need a computer and a Wi-Fi connection.
- If you are a strong writer, you will find it easy – blogging will work very well for you.
- By using certain techniques, such as SEO, you can easily start to make a living writing blogs.
- You need to learn about SEO in depth. This can take some time to master and be successful.
- You need to update your blog regularly and consistently.
- The quality of your posts needs to be consistent to keep our readers coming back for more.
- You will not see any real revenue for at least a year from your blog.
- It’s the same as blogging but on camera, so it’s perfect if you are comfortable in front of the lens.
- Ideal for those who do not enjoy writing.
- It is easy to set up and publish content.
- It’s more conversational, so if you like chatting to people in an engaging manner you will build an audience quickly.
- There is the potential to become successful very quickly. Vloggers are more likely to go viral and gain a huge following much quicker than bloggers.
- You need a lot of equipment.
- It is expensive.
- You need to be able to edit videos well.
- Once live you cannot go back and edit your material, with a blog post you can do this easily.
The choice is yours and I really think it depends on your personality. If you are confident to have your face in front of a camera everyday no matter how bad or tired you look then opt for a vlog. If you love to write and inspire then always choose a blog, you can do it from the comfort of your room and be very successful indeed!